Sunday, May 2, 2010

Head West, Young Man.

Less than a week to go and I’m finally getting to my first blog post. What a crazy thought! At about this point Nikki and I are at our respective parents houses attempting to prepare and pack for the trip. We’ve just spent the last week moving in and out and bundling our belongings for summer storage, which has been saddening, nostalgic and exciting. What an intense road lies ahead!

And indeed this is a road I have been itching to embark on. Yup, it’s time to strap on the ol’ travelling shoes, this time to the North Western heart of Canada known as Whitehorse. This is a city that rests in one of the world’s largest and most beautiful ecosystems while priding itself on its unique character to Canada’s West. Working and living in Whitehorse for the summer will give us an opportunity to challenge ourselves while discovering more of what the West has to offer; but away from the massive tourist hubs. This is what excites me the most – An opportunity to see and learn about a different Canadian culture and way of life but being within comfortable distance from all of the amenities of a small town. It is the perfect placement.

Although I cannot divulge our full itinerary to you on this blog due to security issues, I can say that we are about to begin an epic five day journey to the beautiful city. On our way we will spend three nights in Vancouver then board a Greyhound to Whitehorse which will take approximately 44 hours (I know what you’re thinking. Ouch!). Along the way we have vowed to take as many pictures and videos as possible and we will storyboard our experience on this forum soon after our arrival in Whitehorse. Plans include tripping to Granville Island, Stanley Park, Lynn Canyon and Dawson City. Woah! So much adventure!

But with great adventure comes great responsibility. I can’t say it much better than Nikki – I am very fortunate and blessed to have someone with me to keep me sane and happy throughout, and finding that balance on the road is never easy. You must surround yourself with good people and be prepared for the trip. And with that said, I should get back to finishing final details before we leave! Which is really incredibly soon! See you on the coast!

Cheers,

Aaron

*Kudos to Nikki for creating this outstanding blog page. I had nothing to do with it. Computers and I don’t get along. I am lucky to have such a techno-savvy individual on my side!

No comments:

Post a Comment